UE : Management of organizations, team building, and performance self-assessment
ECTS : 4
Instructor : Nicolas-Louis Duclos
E-mail : email@example.com
Amount of work : Teachings : 31h / Homework : 40h
This teaching aims at getting the students to acquire and appropriate the concepts related to organization leading, performance management and its self-assessment. The teaching addresses the following topics : the management references and management techniques, the main organization models and their evolutions, the different kinds of management and the best practices for personal efficiency, the constitution of a team and the way it works, the methods for cooperative work and the management of change.
To deliver knowledge
- fundamentals on organization and change management
- concepts, tools, benchmarks and evaluation methods then performance improvement
- a methodological approach of the notion of cooperative mode, delegation and decision making
To develop capabilities
- to have a global vision and an interdisciplinary understanding
- to identify the priorities and work in team with a group dynamic, to adapt oneself, and prepare a decision
- to listening, formalizing, conceptualizing and synthesizing
To assure skills
- in identifying, modeling and self-assessing organization performance
- in analyzing the complexity, reasoning and addressing problems with multiple criteria
- in communicating efficiently and implementing technical, organizational or management innovations
- Schedule grouped on 2 days per week (wednesday and thursday), 3 hours of lectures (including a one-hour "Techniques&Methods" - TM) in the morning, 2 hours of group classes (tutorials) in the afternoon, in order to put into practice the lecture of the morning. Each lecture is made of a two-hour talk, and a one-hour "Techniques & Methods" (TM); the tutorial classes (TD) contain tests, self-evaluations and practical exercices, as well as two testimonies-debates with CEOs.
- Each student is integrated into a team, which he contributes to build, and as the classes go on, builds up a Team File that will have to be delivered at the end of the course, and will be graded ; the File will be ended with a self-diagnosis of the functioning of the team.
- The documentation is constituted by course materials on Powerpoints, TM and TD, as well as reference documents (a bibliography, a glossary with the 100 words of management, as well as a Guide of schools of thought and management references).
- Putting into practice the lectures and TM in TD + readings, synthesis and information retrieval (internet)
- This module being designed as transverse to several traditional fields (management, organization, quality), the external documentation is hard to find, therefore an exemplary attendance to the lectures and TD is necessary.
Dual individual grading (MCQ + open questions) et group grading (Team File + practical exam)
The object and perimeter of Management : introduction to the 7 reading guides
Human resources and skills assessment
Personal control of know-how (self-management)
Leadership and team building - Organization charts, processes and reorganization
Managing and supporting change - Culture and sociology of organizations
Strategic management and innovation - Knowledge management and creation of value
Group work in workshop. Individual questions.
Issue of the results of the EU