UE : Emergence of innovative actors in the firm
ECTS : 4
Instructor : Pascal Jollivet-Courtois
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Amount of work : Teachings : 39h / Homework : 40h
The course aims at getting the students to acquire and appropriate the concepts related to the socio-economic analysis of innovative actors dynamics in the firm. The main questioning is focused on :
- the characteristics of a environment which favours the emergence of an organizational innovativity,
- the ways of constituting such an environment, its animation, and its global governance.
To deliver knowledge
- fundamentals about the socio-economic analysis of organizations
- fundamentals about the analysis of the form of the firm
- strategic concepts for the emergence of an organizational innovativity and its support
To develop capabilities
- to have a global vision of collective & semi-autonomous dynamics which are at work in innovative organizations
- to differentiate formal structures and real practices in organizations and institutions
- to be able to summon theoretical models (organizational and institutional) in order to account for phenomenons
To assure skills
- in designing and implementing organizational strategies coupled with competitive strategies
- in diagnosing and modeling socio-economic dynamics for organizational innovativity, and innovative collectives
- in supporting the emergence of innovation environments and communities of practice in the organization
- The schedule is grouped on 2 days per week (wednesday and thursday) : 3 hours of lecture in the morning (including one hour of "Techniques &Methods" - TM), 2 hours of group classes (tutorials - TD) in the afternoon, in order to put the morning lecture into practice. Each lecture is made of a two-hour talk, and a one-hour "Techniques & Methods" (TM); the tutorial classes (TD) are case studies and testimonies-debates.
- Each student is integrated into a team, which he contributes to build, and as the classes go on, builds up a Team File that will have to be delivered at the end of the course, and will be graded.
- The documentation is constituted by course materials used in TM and TD, published by DTP, as well as reference documents (a bibliography, several reference articles).
- Putting into practice the lectures and TM in TD + readings, synthesis and information retrieval (internet)
- An exemplary attendance to the lectures and TD is therefore necessary.
One individual grade on a written task + one grade on a collective task
1. The shift from the problem of running a firm (norm) to the question of innovation (adaptation)
2. Structure of the firms : a dynamic approch
3. Dynamics and action in the firm
4. The conditions of emergence of the innovative actor
5. The firm and the strategic role of capturing positive externalities
6. Group work in workshop. Individual questions.
Ending session : ecology, negative externalities, the firm and green firm, towards a green industrial model